Who can help?

Equality street signCheshire Halton & Warrington Race & Equality Centre
The Unity Centre
17 Cuppin Street
Tel: 01244 400730
Fax: 01244 400722
e-mail: office@chawrec.org.uk
web: www.chawrec.org.uk
Gives professional legal advice, assistance and representation to people experiencing discrimination. No up front fees, charges are a percentage of final award. May also deal with general employment cases.

Acas (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service) aims to improve organisations and working life through better employment relations.They have a free helpline for employees and employers which is available Monday-Friday, 8am-8pm and Saturday, 9am-1pm: 08457 47 47 47.

Equality and Advisory Service – EASS provides a government funded helpline for people on equality and human rights issues across England, Scotland and Wales. Will not provide support to take a case forward, but may provide initial information and mediation. Phone:0808 800 0082 Mon- Fri 9am – 8pm and Sat: 10am-2pm.

Citizens Advice Bureaux
CABx give free advice and support to people and often deal with employment and discrimination cases. They have a national helpline number:

Trade Unions
If you are in a trades union, you may be able to secure free legal advice and assistance through them.

If you have legal insurance, on your home contents cover you may be able to get advice and support on your claim through them.

Employment Tribunal Service
Taking your employer to an Employment Tribunal